Please find below the best COVID-related resources and links we have collected since March 10, 2020.
Latest COVID ResourcesView All COVID Resources
East Bay COVID resource guide
How do we protect ourselves and our communities in the absence of mask and vaccination requirements?
- Get vaccinated and boosted. Click here for where to get free vaccines.
- Wear high-quality masks (N95, KN95, KF94s) in indoor public spaces and transit. Click here to find free N95 masks at a pharmacy near you.
- Have a supply of rapid home COVID tests ready to use. Click here for more details on how to get home tests free through health insurance.
- Make a plan for treatment in case you get infected.
- Ventilate and distance: Open windows/doors and stay in well-ventilated areas. Avoid the busiest times on public transport and other indoor spaces.
- Have back-up plans for gatherings and travel if cases increase.
- Check the amount of virus in your community using the early detection wastewater surveillance dashboards: US | CA counties.
The MyCOVIDRisk.app COVID-19 risk calculator from Brown University can help you determine the risk of getting COVID-19 infection in different settings and gives you options to lower your risk.
More East Bay guidance and resources:
- Where to get free vaccines
- Best ways to use masks
- How to get free testing
- What to do if you test positive
- How to get free treatment and PrEP
- How to optimize ventilation in indoor spaces
- Variant updates and FAQs
- Wastewater levels increase 4-6 days before cases increase; also look at increases in test positivity:
- Wastewater surveillance (earlier detection): CA | US CDC | US Biobot (with variant info)
- CDC: Alameda County | Contra Costa County | CA | US
- COVID ActNow: Alameda County | Contra Costa County | Bay Area | CA | US
- Local dashboards: Alameda County | Contra Costa County | CA
- Transmission rates and forecasts
- Variants: CA | US | Global
- Vaccine efficacy: US CDC data | UK data
Latest county and state COVID updates
- Alameda County: COVID updates | news releases | newsletters
- Contra Costa County: COVID updates | news releases
- California State: COVID updates | news releases | SMARTER COVID strategic plan
Latest national COVID updates
- Covid.gov one-stop webpage for national COVID resources
- CDC | CDC MMWR studies
- NIH treatment guidelines | NIH research studies
- FDA | FDA news releases
- National COVID-19 plan | US COVID road map
Deeper dives into pandemic epidemiology, policies and science
- Epidemiology: Your Local Epidemiologist online newsletter with Dr. Katelyn Jetelina, epidemiologist, for her translation of public health science for a broader community.
- Medical science: Ground Truths is Dr. Eric Topol’s online newsletter with summaries of scientific studies on COVID variants, immunity, vaccines and treatments.
Archives: You can find PDFs of our previous weekly and monthly East Bay COVID updates here.
COVID risk reduction graphics
Click to download: graphic in English | graphic in Spanish | PDF in English and Spanish
Resources from 2020-2021:
- COVID Vaccines: East Bay guidance, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Solano County, CA vaccine tracker
- COVID Vaccine Myths and Facts (CDC) in multiple languages
- COVID vaccine safety updates (CDC)
- COVID testing: East Bay testing guidance; Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Solano County
- Phone numbers/Centro de llamadas: Contra Costa County- (844) 729-8410, Solano County- 707-784-8988, Alameda County vaccine line in English, Spanish, Mandarin for those who cannot navigate the internet: 510-208-4VAX or 510-208-4829
- COVID supports (food, housing, stipends, etc.): Alameda County resources and ARCH isolation stipends, Contra Costa County, Solano County
- Public Health Department updates: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Solano County, California State
- COVID data: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Solano County, California State, US (CDC), US by race (CDC), National/Global (JHU).
- Variants: in California, in the US (CDC) and worldwide (Our World in Data).
- Maximizing mask protection:EBGTZ mask videos, guidance and resources, CDC guidance
- COVID PPE, staffing or testing supplies: Alameda County EMS– request PPE testing kits and suppplies.
- HIV: FAQs for people living with HIV (PLWH) and Preguntas Frecuentes in Spanish, Guidance for PLWH (CDC), Guidance for HIV providers (HIVMA), Vaccines for PLWH (HIVMA), UNAIDS infosheet on COVID-19 vaccines and HIV
- HIV services during COVID-19: Alameda County and Contra Costa HIV services
- Key Communities: Harm Reduction Coalition, Immigrants Rising, Protecting Immigrant Families: Public Charge, Healthcare for the Homeless, COVID info in Asian languages
More vaccine resources:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Myths and Facts from the CDC
- General vaccine FAQs from the CDC
- Alameda Health Consortium: Myths and Facts and FAQs in English, Español, 中文, and Arabic
- SFDPH COVID vaccine FAQs for community members
- UNAIDS infosheet on COVID-19 vaccines and HIV
- Clinical FAQs with Dr. Paul Sax at Harvard and The New England Journal of Medicine
- Clinical FAQs for people living with HIV from HIVMA (PDF)
- Guidance for talking with patients and FAQs for PLWH from Alameda Health Systems (PDF)
- Vaccine info for people experiencing homelessness from Alameda County Health Care for the Homeless
- What can fully vaccinated people do? CDC’s webpage on their updated guidance
Resources for recipients and caregivers in multiple languages:
- Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson CDC vaccine information
- CDC v-safe app info for vaccine recipients to report side effects and get reminders for their second dose
- En Español: Vacunas contra el COVID-19 (CDC)
- Información Local y Recursos en Español (Unity Council); social media
- Información en Mam
- Vaccine info in 中文 | 한국어 | ខ្មែរ | Tiếng Việt (Chinese, Korean, Khmer and Vietnamese) from Asian Health Services
- Fact sheets for uninsured people on no-cost COVID-19 vaccines and care in English and en Español.
- The Conversation: Between Us, About Us. Several East Bay Black health care leaders, including Dr. Noha Aboelata, Dr. Damon Francis and Dr. Pamela Mackey are featured in this video hosted by W. Kamau Bell talking about COVID vaccines.
- Beastmode and Dr. Fauchizzi: Marshawn Lynch, AKA Beastmode recorded a conversation about COVID-19 vaccines with Dr. Anthony Fauci, AKA “Dr. Fauchizzi,” covering concerns Black people might have about the virus and getting vaccinated. Click here to watch.
- COVID-19 Vaccine And The Black Community: A Tyler Perry Special
- Black community vaccination videos from San Diego County
- Video: “Making It Plain: What Black America Needs to Know About COVID-19 and Vaccines”
- Videos en Español and English: Faculty of color from UCSF share their vaccine experiences
- La Clínica’s vaccine videos en Mayan Mam and en Español.
Resources for health care providers and organizations:
- COVID vaccine info for health care providers giving the vaccine
- CA and county vaccine education materials and media in multiple languages
- Updated CDC quarantine guidance and ACPHD updated Health Officer Order 20-06
- Reporting an adverse vaccine event to VAERS (the national Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System)
- The latest vaccine recommendations from the CDC ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices)
- FAQ on vaccine access for immigrants from the National Immigration Law Center.
- “Por mi, por ti, por Fruitvale / For me, for you, for Fruitvale” social media tool kit (The Unity Council and La Clinica)
- Virality Project weekly briefings on online anti-vaccine misinformation
- CDC vaccine equity guidance: Best Practices for Community and Faith-based Organizations, A Guide for Community Partners and Toolkit for Correctional and Detention Facilities.
County public health department vaccine updates:
- Alameda County COVID-19 vaccine plan, guidance, resources
- Contra Costa County COVID-19 vaccine updates and appointments
- Solano County vaccine updates and access points
COVID-19 vaccine data trackers:
- Alameda County COVID-19 vaccine dashboard
- Contra Costa County vaccine dashboard
- Solano County vaccine dashboard
- California State vaccine tracker
- United States CDC vaccine tracker
- SF Chronicle and New York Times vaccine & rollout trackers
- WHO vaccine database: updated technical data & study links.
- KFF Vaccine Monitor: public attitudes and experience.
Vaccine questions and feedback:
- Alameda County: email email@example.com
- To bring equity-related concerns to Contra Costa County’s attention, click here.
- CA state: click here for community advisory committee meeting notes and email COVID19vaccineoutreach@cdph.ca.gov