On September 26, 2019, nearly 60 members of the the East Bay linkage and retention gathered to share stories and review updates in evidence-based and innovative practices to improve linkage to and retention in care. With this knowledge and experience, the group voted on strategic priorities for the next 5 years, which will inform the local Ending the HIV Epidemic plan.
From now to 2025, the East Bay Linkage and Retention Working Group aims to:
1. Strengthen warm hand-offs and rapid linkage to PrEP and HIV care
2. Build mobile and community-based healing-centered one-stop shops
3. Offer integrated same-day access to mental health and substance use services
4. Use inclusive, intentional messaging to inspire hope and engagement in services,
5. Use secure technology-enabled access to multilingual services
6. Train staff to implement these strategies in a trauma-informed and healing-centered way
…To achieve 90% linkage rates and a 75% reduction in new diagnoses.
Click here to view and download the Linkage and Retention Strategic Plan for 2020-2025.
Click here to view and download all the resources and documents from the meeting.