This webpage is updated at least monthly and features the latest job, funding, internship, scholarship, youth and training opportunities from our broader East Bay Getting to Zero network. Please contact us if you want to add your listing.
Updated June 2nd, 2021
- MPact Global Action for Gay Men’s Health and Rights is an organization focused on the broader sexual health and human rights needs of all men who have sex with men. There are four positions open at MPact: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Contracts and Grants Manager, Senior Manager of Community Mobilization, Director of Training and Technical Assistance. Learn more about these positions here.
- California Department of Public Heath’s STD Control Branch is recruiting to fill a Research Scientist II (RS II) position. Learn more ab out the position here.
- California Department of Public Health is recruiting for the position of Antimicrobial Resistance Coordinator. Learn more about the position here.
- Roots Community Health Center is looking for a Medical Director of Adult Medicine. Learn more about the position here.
- Rise Up has released a Request for Proposals to launch their Girls’ Voices Initiative (GVI) program locally in California. They will select one organization to implement our Girls’ Voices Initiative in the Bay Area or Central Valley. If you are interested in applying, please reach out to Rahwa Hassen at email@example.com
Internships, Scholarships and more
- The California Healthcare Foundation’s Health Equity Fellowship Program is seeking applications. The mission of the fellowship program is to identify, develop, and support emerging Black, Indigenous, and People of Color leaders who have the capacity to become local and regional catalysts for health equity across California. Learn more about the opportunity here.
- The 2021 Queens of the Castro Scholarship cycle is now open. They are seeking applicants in California, ages 16-25, who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community. Learn more about the opportunity here.
- Richmond Rainbow Pride is hosting a virtual Pride event on Sunday, June 6 starting at 12 pm. RSVP via their FB page here.
- Alameda County Care Connect is offering a training on virtual facilitation on Tuesday, 6/8 at 10 am. Click here to learn more and register.
- GetSFcba is hosting a web event on HIV Testing and Prevention in Jail Settings on 6/3 at 11am. Register for the event here.
- PAETC is hosting ‘Managing Medical Distrust Symposium: Actionable Steps to Cultivate Trust with Communities of Color’ on 6/16-6/17 at 10am. Learn more about the event here.
- June 5th marks 40 years since the first cases of AIDS were reported by the federal government. On this important date in the long fight against HIV/AIDS, the National AIDS Memorial — the nation’s federally-designated memorial to AIDS — will honor the more than 700,000 lives lost to AIDS, the survivors, and the heroes, during the past four decades. Starting at noon, visitors can stroll through the National AIDS Memorial Grove (in Golden Gate Park) to see the thousands of names engraved within the Memorial and experience a powerful 40-Block display of the AIDS Memorial Quilt. Register here to attend the event.
- Dr. Natalie Wilson is leading a qualitative study to examine the individual-, social-, and structural-level factors that fuel late HIV diagnosis within a social-epidemiological framework. This study will yield formative data for a future NIH grant proposal to develop public health strategies to address late diagnosis. If you have patients that are interested in participating in this study, please have them contact Dr. Natalie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-476-0716, and leave a message with name and number with study interest. The interviews are expected to start late June to July.
- Bay Area Community Health is convening a Re-Entry Collaborative Meeting every first Monday of the month from 3-4pm (at this Zoom link) to facilitate communication, share best practices and support re-entry community. If you have questions about the meetings, please reach out to Allison Coleman at: email@example.com