On March 30, 2023, the East Bay HIV linkage and retention network collaborated with mental health leaders and trainers on a workshop sharing and building skills on therapeutic alliances, crisis de-escalation, suicide prevention and East Bay mental health resources.
In case you missed the workshop, please watch the recording below. Scroll down for tools, resources and referral guides.
Mental health resources and tools you can use immediately:
- 24/7 free suicide and crisis lifeline: dial 988 (multiple languages available)
- Suicide prevention video from BeThe1 and 5 Action Steps summary
- Safety plan template for crisis prevention
- 5-minute chair yoga video (good for a quick break at work)
East Bay mental health referrals and community support:
- East Bay mental health resources and referrals for PLWH and people impacted by HIV
- Service directory including East Bay mental health and crisis prevention services.
- Support groups: at Oakland LGBTQ Center, Pacific Center, HCH510, Rainbow Community Center
- Recovery Dharma East Bay: in-person and online peer-led community using Buddhist practices to overcome addiction.
Download slides from the workshop here:
- Slides on crisis de-escalation and suicide prevention (Cristina Rita, MA, Crisis Support Services)
- Slides on therapeutic alliances (Niki Khanna, LMFT, Pacific Center)
- Slides on East Bay linkage updates (Sophy Wong, MD, EBGTZ)
- Crisis Support Services of Alameda County: request presentations on mental health first aid, youth mental wellness, grief & loss and suicide prevention.
- Pacific Center: calendar of training events and groups.
- National HIV Curriculum: modules on screening for mental health conditions and substance use
- LivingWorks Start and Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshops (fee required).