817 Harrison Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Located between 8th and 9th St. in Oakland Chinatown on the same block as the Hu Medical Center towards Lake Merritt
Contact InformationAccess during COVID outbreak:
-Most visits are done by phone; very limited in-person visits available based on provider assessment of necessity. Please call to schedule before coming in. Hotline will be answered Monday-Sunday.
-psychosocial support and MCM services available
-to access any of these services, call or text (510) 972-4483 to reach a team member.
For non-urgent email inquires:
HIV testing: email@example.com
PEP and PrEP: firstname.lastname@example.org
HIV linkage: email@example.com
- We welcome:
- people who are uninsured, undocumented, have Medi-Cal (plain, Alameda Alliance, Blue Cross), MediCare, and some limited HMO and PPO plans. We prioritize services for Asian and Pacific Islanders with language barriers.
- Same-day access and availability:
- -Same-day linkages and warm-handoffs for people newly diagnosed with HIV or seeking PrEP.
-For non-urgent patients transferring care, intake appointments are available within 2 weeks and provider appointments within 4 weeks.
- Core services:
- HIV rapid testing, PrEP, PEP, HIV treatment, STD testing and treatment, general primary care, medical case management, ADAP enrollment and OAHIPP
- Additional services on-site:
- API language on-site interpretation, limited API-language behavioral health counseling, lab services at the Frank Kiang site
- Additional services off-site:
- Dental services in API languages, pharmacy coordination with New Oakland Pharmacy, lab services with Quest diagnostics
- Please bring (required and recommended documents):
- For PrEP or HIV treatment: letter or documentation of the most recent HIV test result, current medications or list of medications (if any), any other medical information available.
HoursHIV and PrEP clinic days & hours at the Asian Resource Center:
(Hu Medical Center has HIV/PrEP services Mon-Sat, and
Kiang Medical Center has HIV/PrEP services W-F and PrEP M-F)
Highlighted ServicesSame-day access to HIV PrEP and care, HIV rapid testing, HIV PrEP, HIV PEP, HIV treatment, medical case management
Kerry Kay, MD
Languages AvailableEnglish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish and Japanese are spoken by the core team. Interpretation is also available for Korean, Khmer, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Thai, Mien, Mongolian, Burmese and Karen.
Need corrections? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated April 2, 2020