East Bay Getting to Zero presents:
Surviving 2020: Honoring our Resistance & Resilience on World AIDS Day
Please join us on Friday, December 4th from 12-1:30 p.m. for a World AIDS Day commemoration event co-hosted by Oakland LGBTQ Center, RYSE Youth Center, WORLD and AHF.
This year’s event will center youth voices and will include artists and performers from around the East Bay. Live Spanish interpretation will be available // Habrá interpretación en vivo en español.
We will also be presenting a draft of our 5-year strategic plan. So far, we have held four community-wide strategic planning sessions in two languages with over 190 attendees. A compilation of all workshop summaries are here.
Register for the 12/4 World AIDS Day event here. Download the program here. Please share with your networks!
Join the event on Friday 12/4 from 12-1:30pm via this Zoom link
12:00 pm: World AIDS Day commemoration activities and performances
- Welcome: DJ Sunflower, MC Shorty, Yamini Oseguera-Bhatnagar
- Moment of Silence: Demisha Burns
- Land acknowledgement: Kanyon Sayers-Roods
- Poetry: Omega Chuckii
- Song and dance: Arianna Salinas
- Poetry: Kristina Harris
- Dance: Yung Phil and Turfienz
- Poetry: Samuel Getachew
- WORLD presents World AIDS Day honorees
12:45 pm: Break with music
12:50 pm: East Bay HIV Strategic Plan town hall
- Healing breath practice: Ramon Jackson
- Overview of purpose and process: Sophy Wong
- Equity and key communities: Sami Lubega
- Community messaging: Ramon Jackson
- Improving collaborations between agencies: Jesse Brooks
- Innovative services models: Allison Coleman
- Youth engagement: Ezra Bisom-Rapp
- Housing and homelessness: Judy Eliachar
- Spanish language group: Moisés Cruz Jáuregui
1:15 pm: Questions and answers
1:25 pm: Closing
Please go to EBGTZ.org/strategy to read the latest version of the plan and share your feedback at any time. Thank you!
This work is supported by funding from ACPHD’s Office of HIV Care – EtHE.