Please click here to register for this workshop!
You are invited to join us via Zoom on Wednesday, April 27, 11-12:30 pm as we bring together people with lived experience with substance use, street outreach workers, and substance use specialists to share experiences and skills on how to write overdose prevention safety plans together.
During this workshop, we will:
- Increase collaboration between people working in HIV and substance use services in the East Bay.
- Share stories and experiences with substance use overdose prevention and safety plans.
- Practice writing an effective, client-centered overdose prevention safety plan together.
11:00 am – Welcome and introductions
11:05 am – Healing practice with Ramon Jackson
11:10 am – Networking activity with Shawn Demmons
11:30 am – Panel on real-life overdose prevention and safety plan stories and experiences (Sophy Wong will facilitate)
- Kate O’Bryant, Outreach Coordinator, Punks with Lunch
- Braunz Courtney, Executive Director, HEPPAC
- Erik Anderson, MD, Associate Research Director and Attending, Substance Use Disorder Program, Bridge Clinic at Alameda Health System
12:00 pm – Writing an overdose prevention safety plan together
- A safety plan template will be shared ahead of the workshop.
- Case(s) used will be representative of real-life experiences.
12:25 pm – Questions, wrap up, evaluation, next steps, next events, and adjourn.
Click for the safety plan template, workshop agenda and workshop slides.
The workshop recording, handouts and resources will be posted on the Substance use safety plan toolkit resource page.