East Bay Getting to Zero is excited to announce that we are hiring a Communications & Partnerships Program Manager. This is a flexible, full-time, salaried position with excellent benefits. Please share widely!
East Bay Getting to Zero (EBGTZ) is a collaborative community mobilization effort to achieve an East Bay with zero HIV stigma, health disparities, or new HIV transmissions. This is an exciting new position with growth potential for an individual who wants to make a difference in the East Bay HIV epidemic, aligning the U.S. Federal Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) initiative and the East Bay Getting to Zero (EBGTZ) mission. The primary responsibilities of this position include program and administrative management, implementation of key elements of the East Bay HIV Strategic Plan, overseeing the design and implementation of multiple communications campaigns, supervision of collaborative working groups, organizing community events, and writing grant proposals and reports.
The ideal candidate works independently and gets a diverse range of things done without supervision. The ideal candidate also has exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong time management skills, the ability to prioritize and get the most important things done in the midst of competing demands. In addition, the ideal candidate uses creativity, enthusiasm, adaptability, resilience, empathy and cultural humility to work collaboratively with our very diverse teams, working groups and communities
EBGTZ is a project of Community Initiatives. To apply, please send a cover letter or email describing interest and relevant skills and qualifications along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your submission!
Background of East Bay Getting to Zero: find out more at EBGTZ.org!
East Bay Getting to Zero (EBGTZ) is a collaborative community mobilization effort to achieve an East Bay with zero HIV stigma, health disparities, or new HIV transmissions. The initiative brings together our most compassionate and motivated community members, including people living with HIV, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties’ public health departments, community-based organizations and clinics, schools, churches, pharmacies, and research organizations. In the East Bay, we know that we have the people, providers and tools to address racism, violence, poverty, sexism, homophobia and transphobia in order to get to zero new HIV infections and empower people living with HIV to thrive. By working together, we can make this vision a reality.
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- We believe in equity, diversity and inclusion and seek to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We value people with lived experience, and know our team is stronger when those closest to the issues are in positions to develop comprehensive solutions.
- At least 6-10 years of relevant experience, a Bachelor’s degree plus at least 4-5 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus at least 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing complex projects independently with minimal supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of the HIV epidemic; familiarity with the local HIV community is preferred
- Experience working in health care, community organizing, youth development, and/or advocacy
- Experience with grant proposal and report writing
- Experience with designing and implementing communications and social media campaigns
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish is preferred
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision
- 401k and 3% employer match
- Fully paid basic life insurance, LTD, STD coverage
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
Please see below for full job description with detailed scope and responsibilities.