Here are links to our recommended webpages and documents with COVID-19 vaccine guidance and FAQs for community members and health care providers. Please let us know if there are any you’d like us to consider adding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Myths and Facts from the CDC
- General vaccine FAQs from the CDC
- Alameda Health Consortium: Myths and Facts and FAQs in English, Español, 中文, and Arabic
- SFDPH COVID vaccine FAQs for community members
- UNAIDS infosheet on COVID-19 vaccines and HIV
- Clinical FAQs with Dr. Paul Sax at Harvard and The New England Journal of Medicine
- Clinical FAQs for people living with HIV from HIVMA (PDF)
- Guidance for talking with patients and FAQs for PLWH from Alameda Health Systems (PDF)
Resources for recipients and caregivers:
- Pfizer and Moderna CDC vaccine information
- CDC v-safe app info for vaccine recipients to report side effects and get reminders for their second dose
- En Español: Vacunas contra el COVID-19 (CDC)
- Vaccine info in 中文 | 한국어 | ខ្មែរ | Tiếng Việt (Chinese, Korean, Khmer and Vietnamese) from Asian Health Services
- Videos: Black community vaccination videos from San Diego County
- Video: “Making It Plain: What Black America Needs to Know About COVID-19 and Vaccines”
- Videos en Español and English: Faculty of color from UCSF share their vaccine experiences
Resources for health care providers and organizations:
- COVID vaccine info for health care providers giving the vaccine
- CA and county vaccine education materials and media in multiple languages
- Updated CDC quarantine guidance: “Fully vaccinated persons who meet criteria will no longer be required to quarantine following an exposure to someone with COVID-19.” ACPHD updated Health Officer Order 20-06 to align with the CDC.
- Enroll in CalVax to become a vaccination site.
- To volunteer for a CA county vaccine site please register here.
- Reporting an adverse vaccine event to VAERS (the national Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System)
- The latest vaccine recommendations from the CDC ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices)
- UCSF vaccine overview: what we currently know and don’t know.
County public health department vaccine updates:
- Alameda County COVID-19 vaccine plan, guidance, resources
- Contra Costa County COVID-19 vaccine updates and appointments
- Solano County vaccine updates and access points
Here are additional COVID-19 vaccine references we use to get the latest updates:
- California State COVID-19 vaccine tracker (distribution and administration)
- SF Chronicle and New York Times vaccine & rollout trackers
- WHO COVID-19 vaccine database: updated technical data & study links.
- KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: public attitudes and experience.
Vaccine questions and feedback:
- Alameda County: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CA state vaccine prioritization plan: click here for community advisory committee meeting notes and email COVID19vaccineoutreach@cdph.ca.gov