Here are links to our recommended webpages and documents with COVID-19 vaccine guidance and FAQs for community members and health care providers. Please let us know if there are any you’d like us to consider adding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Myths and Facts from the CDC
- General vaccine FAQs from the CDC
- Alameda Health Consortium: Myths and Facts and FAQs in English, Español, 中文, and Arabic
- SFDPH COVID vaccine FAQs for community members
- UNAIDS infosheet on COVID-19 vaccines and HIV
- Clinical FAQs with Dr. Paul Sax at Harvard and The New England Journal of Medicine
- Clinical FAQs for people living with HIV from HIVMA (PDF)
- Guidance for talking with patients and FAQs for PLWH from Alameda Health Systems (PDF)
- Vaccine info for people experiencing homelessness from Alameda County Health Care for the Homeless
- What can fully vaccinated people do? CDC’s webpage on their updated guidance
Resources for recipients and caregivers:
- Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson CDC vaccine information
- CDC v-safe app info for vaccine recipients to report side effects and get reminders for their second dose
- En Español: Vacunas contra el COVID-19 (CDC)
- Información Local y Recursos en Español (Unity Council)
- Información en Mam
- Vaccine info in 中文 | 한국어 | ខ្មែរ | Tiếng Việt (Chinese, Korean, Khmer and Vietnamese) from Asian Health Services
- Fact sheets for uninsured people on no-cost COVID-19 vaccines and care in English and en Español.
- The Conversation: Between Us, About Us. Several East Bay Black health care leaders, including Dr. Noha Aboelata, Dr. Damon Francis and Dr. Pamela Mackey are featured in this video hosted by W. Kamau Bell talking about COVID vaccines.
- Beastmode and Dr. Fauchizzi: Marshawn Lynch, AKA Beastmode recorded a conversation about COVID-19 vaccines with Dr. Anthony Fauci, AKA “Dr. Fauchizzi,” covering concerns Black people might have about the virus and getting vaccinated. Click here to watch.
- COVID-19 Vaccine And The Black Community: A Tyler Perry Special
- Black community vaccination videos from San Diego County
- Video: “Making It Plain: What Black America Needs to Know About COVID-19 and Vaccines”
- Videos en Español and English: Faculty of color from UCSF share their vaccine experiences
Resources for health care providers and organizations:
- COVID vaccine info for health care providers giving the vaccine
- CA and county vaccine education materials and media in multiple languages
- Updated CDC quarantine guidance and ACPHD updated Health Officer Order 20-06
- Reporting an adverse vaccine event to VAERS (the national Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System)
- The latest vaccine recommendations from the CDC ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices)
- FAQ on vaccine access for immigrants from the National Immigration Law Center.
- CDC vaccine equity guidance: Best Practices for Community and Faith-based Organizations, A Guide for Community Partners and Toolkit for Correctional and Detention Facilities.
County public health department vaccine updates:
- Alameda County COVID-19 vaccine plan, guidance, resources
- Contra Costa County COVID-19 vaccine updates and appointments
- Solano County vaccine updates and access points
COVID-19 vaccine data trackers:
- Alameda County COVID-19 vaccine dashboard
- Contra Costa County vaccine dashboard
- Solano County vaccine dashboard
- California State vaccine tracker
- United States CDC vaccine tracker
- SF Chronicle and New York Times vaccine & rollout trackers
- WHO vaccine database: updated technical data & study links.
- KFF Vaccine Monitor: public attitudes and experience.
Vaccine questions and feedback:
- Alameda County: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To bring equity-related concerns to Contra Costa County’s attention, click here.
- CA state: click here for community advisory committee meeting notes and email COVID19vaccineoutreach@cdph.ca.gov